What is TV Everywhere?
TV Everywhere is an authenticated video streaming on-demand platform. Basically it gives you access to watch TV programs from network websites on internet using devices like your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
What are the benefits of TV Everywhere?
- TV everywhere from Ritter Communications is free to qualified customers. There is no extra charge to use it.
- In order to qualify for this feature, you must subscribe to a Ritter Communications TV package.
- TV Everywhere includes live TV and full episodes of current TV shows.
Is there a minimum broadband speed required for viewing TV Everywhere?
The minimum speed required varies depending on the type of video content being streamed (SD, HD, 4K and length of video). As is all video streaming, the higher internet speed connection you subscriber to, the better the internet experience will be. Also keep in mind the number of devices using the internet connection you’re using while viewing TV Everywhere content may affect your viewing experience. The more devices using the internet connection and the heavier broadband dependent activities performed will affect your internet performance. If you’re experiencing slow download speeds or buffering, first disconnect other devices from your wireless network. If that doesn’t improve your internet performance, reboot your modem by unplugging it from the power source for about one minute and then plugging it back into the power source. If this still does not help your internet performance, feel free to call our help desk 24/7 at 888.659.6009.
How is TV Everywhere different from something like Hulu or Netflix?
There are several differences. TV Everywhere:
- Is FREE. There is no extra charge to use it because it is included in your Ritter TV package. Over-the-top (OTT) media services like Hulu, Netflix and others cost a monthly subscription.
- Includes live TV. For example, TV Everywhere includes live game coverage on NFL Network and WatchESPN. Over-the-top (OTT) media services like Hulu, Netflix and others often only provide previously recorded shows.
- Has full episodes of current TV shows within days of their premiere. You can also catch up on the entire seasons or previous seasons of your favorite shows.
What programs are available?
- TV Everywhere is dependent on the network websites for the content. TV Everywhere shows do not come from Ritter Communications but instead come from network like ESPN, Freeform, Lifetime, etc. TV Everywhere simply authenticates that you are a paying subscriber to that network’s content through the local TV company, like Ritter Communications. Therefore, it provides you access to their programming on their website because you subscriber to the network through a TV tier of the local TV service provider.
How much does it cost?
Nothing. At this time, there is no extra cost for TV Everywhere so feel free to explore. You only need to be a subscriber to a Ritter TV package. However, please be mindful if you’re using cellular internet instead of a local wifi connection. You might incur overage charges from your cellular carrier if you exceed the allotted data amount for your cellphone plan.
Where can I get TV Everywhere?
The answer is just about everywhere! TV Everywhere works anywhere you can receive an internet signal: inside your house, at the office, shopping mall, hotel, airport, vacation home, etc. Wired connections (using ethernet cords) normally provide stronger signal strength than wireless networks often resulting in better internet connection. The quality of TV Everywhere signals while roaming (airports, stores, etc.) will vary depending on the strength of the signal. Be extra careful when you travel, especially outside the US. Data roaming charges from your cellphone provider may apply and they can be very expensive.
How do I use TV Everywhere?
It is easy to start using TV Everywhere. The first step is registration.
- Go to rittercommunications.com and select “Solutions for Your Home”
- In the top left hand corner, select the “Services” drop down menu and click on “TV”.
- From there, you can select the “TV Everywhere” button. You will arrive at the TV Everywhere page.
- Click on "Create an Account." You will arrive to a new page that says www.watchtveverywhere.com in the browser. You will need your Ritter Communications account number to register. This can be found at the top of your monthly bill. You can also call our customer care team at 888.336.4466 to gain this insight.
- Click on Register at the top left hand side, fill out the fields and click Register at the bottom. Keep in mind, the account number needs to be keyed in exactly as it is listed on the bill. Example: 00012345-6
- Check the email address you just provided. You will find an email message with your TV Everywhere activation link. Click on the link to complete the registration process. You will be directed back to the watchtveverywhere.com website.
- From here you can log in using the credentials you just created.
- Now you’re set and you can begin to enjoy TV Everywhere! Either click on any of the network logos found on the homepage to be directed to the network website or simply search the network website and access their content from that route. If you’ve already logged into your TV Everywhere account you will not be asked to log in again once on the network website if you’re using the same device you just logged in with.
Consider writing your log in credentials down so you remember the email address and password for future uses.
*Some networks require you to both register with their site and link your account to your TV provider’s account. Watch TV Everywhere access is available only for residential TV customers. Full access to TV Everywhere channels and your account may take up to 30 days after install date.
Which devices can I use?
Most internet using devices can access network websites. If you can access the network website or app and log in with your TV Everywhere credentials you should be able to view content. Common devices used with TV Everywhere include PCs, laptops, iPads, iPhones and Android phones. Several TV networks are also now available on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast and XBox. However, some TV networks have not made all their programs available on all platforms. Visit your device's app store and search by the network name for available applications.
How many different devices can I use?
The number of devices that can log into the same network using the same email and password are set by each network. For example: Turner Broadcasting, which includes Cartoon Network, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and CNN among other networks, allows five.
Does watching TV Everywhere count against my mobile data plan?
It might. Many people use TV Everywhere when they’re not at home and when they’re on the go. Check your data plan before you start watching streaming shows on a smartphone or tablet using cellular internet connection. TV Everywhere programs transmit a lot of data. That can become expensive if you have a limited data plan. Please know that we have no way of knowing when you have exceeded your data plan and that cellular internet service is from your phone provider like Verizon or AT&T and not Ritter Communications. You are responsible for all of the charges made by your mobile carrier.
Is TV Everywhere integrated into the new iPhone IOS update?
Yes. The iOS 11.1 software update includes a section within your settings so you can connect your phone to view TV content from different networks. Simply go to your settings and select “TV Provider” and select “Ritter Communications”. It will direct you to a log in landing page. Here you can type in your TV Everywhere log in credentials. If you have not made an account yet, you can select “Forgot Password” and it will direct you to watchtveverywhere.com where you can select Ritter Communications and “Register”. After setting up your log in credentials you can sign onto the platform in your phone settings. After this is complete it will allow you to download multiple network apps like WatchESPN, Disney, etc. Keep in mind the more apps you download the more memory it will take up on your smartphone.
Additional information about this service can be found here: https://www.rittercommunications.com/watch-tv-everywhere